The field of dentistry has been evolving and coming up with new developments and new technologies to help everyone achieve that perfect smile. With these procedures to have a perfect smile, cosmetic dentistry has been increasing in popularity over the years.
But our dreams should proceed with caution as finding just the right dentist for you can be a tricky endeavor.
To help you find the one for you among all the dentists in Tulsa, here are some simple but helpful tips.
- Your primary care physician or regular dentist is a good choice in asking for a recommendation.
- You can also try going online where information is much easier to access. One such helpful website is the site of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. This site lists dentist in several areas.
- Once you have names, then it is time to do some background check. Once again, the Internet is a good ally. Use any search engine and type in the search bar any keywords to help you find reviews about the dentist you are looking at, such as “Michael J Toole DDS review.”
- You can also try checking with your local court to see if any malpractice cases have been filed against the cosmetic dentist.
- Always take time to talk to previous patients of your prospect. Talk with those patients who have had the same procedure you want to have. Dentist usually take before and after photos, so ask to see them from the patient. No photos may mean a no-good doctor. So ask if there is a good reason why this was not done.
- An initial consultation with your dentist is a good idea. Take this time to ask about the doctor’s experience with the procedure you are planning to have. Ask the dentist about the whole procedure, expectations before and after it, and the possible estimate of costs.